You can help make the CT RACE IN THE PARK a success as well as promoting your organization by becoming a sponsor.
The CT RACE IN THE PARK takes place each May on the Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend. On that day thousands of people gather in Walnut Hill Park to support the CT Breast Health Initiative by participating in the CT RACE IN THE PARK. They gather to support, celebrate and remember; they gather for the men’s and women’s races, the walking events and children’s runs and they gather to help find a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime. They come with hopes of changing the future.
Give Hope…Partner with us
Our goal is to underwrite RACE expenses through a combination of cash and in-kind contributions, ensuring more money can go directly into CT breast cancer research and education. Sponsorships help us attain that goal and make every dollar we raise count MORE.
Research is where Hope begins.
The mission of the CT Breast Health Initiative is to make a difference locally in the fight against breast cancer through education and research. The CT RACE IN THE PARK is our biggest fundraiser. Every dollar raised stays in CT funding forward-thinking programs and research that have yet to qualify for federal grants. This is the only program of its kind in the state.
Join the RACE to make a difference locally in the fight against breast cancer by becoming a CT RACE IN THE PARK Sponsor.
RACE Participants: (based on the 2010 RACE)
Children: 12% are 12 or younger, 8% are 13-19
Women: 58% of RACE participants are women:
- 17% are 20-29
- 20% are 30-39
- 21% are 40-49
- 25% are 50-59
- 17% are over 60
Men: 19% of RACE participants are men
- 20% are 20-29
- 20% are 30-39
- 22% are 40-49
- 21% are 50-59
- 19% are over 60
How they participate: 7 year average
- 5% register for the Kids Fun Run
- 2% register for the Kids 1Mile Run
- 10% run the Men’s 5K
- 17% run the Women’s 5K
- 21% register for the 1 Mile Walk
- 45% register for the 2 Mile Walk
Where they are from:
- 96% of RACE participants are from Connecticut
- We have representatives from 18 other states across the country and a participant from Germany.
Additional ways to support the RACE:
- Donate print ads/ad time to promote the RACE & CTBHI
- Help boost RACE attendance by encouraging employee/client participation in the RACE – create a company/organization team, make RACE applications readily available at your place of business, and promote the RACE in your company/organization’s newsletter
- Volunteer to help on RACE day
Please join thousands of men, women and children in the RACE against breast cancer by becoming a sponsor of CT Breast Health Initiative’s RACE IN THE PARK. See you in the park on RACE Day!