Importance of Gifts
Cash gifts are the most straightforward and frequently used method of supporting the Connecticut Breast Health Initiative, Inc. Through currency, personal check, credit card authorization, money order or bank draft made payable to the CT BHI, charitable deductions on your federal income taxes may allow you to reduce the out-of-pocket cost of your gift, benefiting you, as well.
The Benefits of Cash Gifts Are Many
- Direct impact for the CT BHI Research Grant Program.
- Immediate charitable deduction can reduce the net cost of your gift.
- Cash gifts are simple and direct. If you have non-performing or appreciated assets and you wish to change your own income, look into other options listed.
Many businesses offer programs to match employee gifts of cash either in whole or in part. In some cases, gifts from spouses, directors, and retired employees are also matched. View the list of companies who offer to match employee gifts.
Please take advantage of your company's matching gift program if your company's name is not on the list:
- Check if your employer offers a matching gift program.
- Pick up a matching gift form from your employer's Human Resources Department.
- Fill it out completely. Record YOUR gift intention only. Do not include the matching amount.
- Send the form along with your gift to CT BHI.